Senior 3D Programmer [Beyond Good and Evil 2] (f/m/d)
- Mainz, Germany
About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
Beyond Good & Evil 2 is an action-adventure sci-fi RPG and set in the same universe as Ubisoft’s original cult classic. Join the crew at Ubisoft Mainz and help us create beautiful game worlds with cutting edge graphics.
As a Senior 3D Programmer you will be both a hands-on programmer and a direction-providing mentor across the 3D spectrum to connect with our players on two of the most critical aspects of a AAA game: its visuals and its performance.
Your main responsibilities are to:
- Write and review code customized to the hardware you’re working with.
- Coach and mentor other members of the graphics team, empowering them to innovate.
- Provide support to content creators, meeting often to assess their needs and vision + discuss limitations.
- Improve existing graphical features and inspire the development of new ones.
- Anticipate complex problems + propose adapted solutions, considering the entire production pipeline.
- Explore new hardware and deal with the interesting challenges and opportunities it poses.
- Stay up to date on the latest tech trends and techniques + recommend our best practices.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Around 5 years of graphics programming experience (for video-game consoles a huge plus) or related experience
- Proficiency in C++
- Analytical and mathematical Skills
- Knowledge of GPUs, HLSL, and modern graphics APIs (e.g. DirectX 12 and Vulkan) + understanding of game engines and their limitations
- A thorough grasp of memory management & multithreaded programming techniques
- Solid interpersonal and presentation skills & the ability to clearly communicate cross-departmentally
- A long-term approach to problem-solving (if the solution isn’t sustainable, it simply won’t do)
- A collaborative and innovative spirit
- Willingness to continue learning – new technologies, engines, rendering techniques, programming languages, you name it
- Technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art a plus
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
- Fresh fruits, discounted gym membership, corporate benefits and support for child care
- Free bike rental or lease your own bike
- Working in an innovative and international company
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, a cover letter including your earliest starting date, and why you would like to join us.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/