- Toronto, ON, Canada
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For HonorTM, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, and Watch Dogs®. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, and is leading development of Watch Dogs: Legion. Ubisoft Toronto is one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People in 2020.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas have a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and Create the Unknown.
As the Animation Director you will be responsible for the gameplay animation content for an entire project. This role will also ensure the visual elements are credible and in line with the overall game vision in an effort to maximize the player’s experience.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.
- The main and routine tasks of the Animation Director are to:
- Set out the artistic charter for the entire game based on the creative direction (reference films, competitors’ games, design documents) by developing visual concepts and remaining aware of the quality of the data integration in the engine
- Communicate expectations of the artistic vision to the team in regards to quality and content through appropriate visual references and documents describing the artistic direction
- Validate the work carried out by the team to ensure that quality objectives are met and that the elements produced are in line with the game’s vision and the artistic charter by making the vision accessible and ensuring that it is well understood
- Ensure the project’s direction is followed by working in close collaboration with the project manager, Technical Director (TD) and the programming team
- Help plan the work in collaboration with the person who oversees planning based on the scope of each task and the impact on his team in order to find the right compromise between the desired quality and the delivery constraints (time, cost, resources, etc.)
- Direct the actors during mocap sessions in order to follow the artistic vision in order to optimize the production of the animators.
- Diploma in game-oriented 3D animation technique or any other equivalent training or experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in video game animation;
- Must have shipped a minimum of 1-2 AAA games.
- Shows leadership;
- Problem-solving skills and able to express ideas;
- Capacity to clearly communicate an artistic vision;
- Attention to detail;
- Good artistic judgment;
- Autonomy and ethics in proactive work;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to change.
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Benefits Package:
o Disability Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Extended medical insurance
o (Optional) RRSP contribution
o Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
Located in Toronto's up-and-coming Junction Triangle neighbourhood since 2010, Ubisoft Toronto is a studio full of passionate and experienced game developers focused on making innovative and exciting games. With over 35 languages spoken, Ubisoft Toronto is as diverse as the booming city it calls home. At Ubisoft Toronto, we are passionate about positive culture. We host monthly team celebrations, organize events for employees and their families, and we offer a variety of health and wellness initiatives like on-site yoga, on-site occupational therapists, flexible days, and an abundance of fresh fruit to promote a balanced life.
Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews to help our team develop their careers and grow with our studio, and we provide the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the performance review process. Ubisoft Toronto also offers a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training, and career development.
Join us and see for yourself why Ubisoft is rated one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People multiple years running!
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our differences helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applications from all interested candidates. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, neurodivergent people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation for people with disability upon request.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.