Storage Administrator (Platform Specialist)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
As the Storage Administrator (Platform Specialist), you will support and maintain the various data storage and Data protection systems of Ubisoft, ensuring the health of the infrastructure and integrity of data. Moreover, you will contribute to the optimization of processes surrounding the operations of these technologies and the lifecycle of Ubisoft's data.
The main tasks of the Storage Administrator are to:
- Manage/upkeep of Ubisoft’s enterprise scale Block and Object storage environments (upwards of 10 PB);
- Ensure enterprise scalability and performance for storage and backups environments through proactive capacity planning, performance monitoring and configuration tuning;
- Analyze and report on system performance;
- Automation/optimization of data storage and Data protection systems;
- Implement backup and data storage security policies and procedures;
- Install, maintain and upgrade Data protection & Storage hardware and software;
- Maintain documentation regarding configuration, operating and troubleshooting procedures, and service records relating to backup & data storage hardware and software;
- Engage with hardware and software vendors and other internal teams to diagnose and resolve root cause failures;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
- Answer user’s query and service requests;
- Provide training to the users of data storage.
A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience as a Linux systems administrator in a large organization;
- 2+ years of experience as a Automation/DevOps first engineer in their position.
Knowledge and skills
- Good knowledge of Linux (preferable CentOS);
- Good knowledge of Python and scripting;
- Good knowledge of Git version control;
- General knowledge of Ansible (or similar);
- General knowledge of Git version control;
- General knowledge of Data Protection;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced changing environment -- multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner;
- Knowledge of the video game industry is a benefit.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, age or disability status.