Lead Data Architect
- Montreal, QC, Canada
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international reputation.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
As Lead Data Architect, you will be part of the Enterprise Data Platform team and will own the Data Architecture for our group Datawarehouse. You will be responsible for defining the Data Architecture vision, Design guidance, processes and organization to make sure that we answer to our business needs with the right design and appropriate performance.
Also, you will manage Data Architects and make sure that the vision and the best practices are correctly implemented and maintained across all data domains. As the Data Architect , you will work with Managers to define the vision, business analysts to understand the business Needs, scrum masters to plan the work and with developers to implement the solutions.
The main tasks of the Lead Data Architect are to:
- Lead the design, architecture and evolution of the project’s platform, including Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, and ETL solutions and systems;
- Lead, Develop and maintain live data warehouses through conceptual, logical and physical Data models;
- Deliver optimum Data performance and scalability in partnership with Production and internal services ;
- Drive Data usage strategies, principles, standards and best practices via development and communication
- Develop new benchmarks and tools for Data performance measurement and capacity;
- Analyze and recommend best technologies available for services accompanied with the projects;
- Review, recommend and approve Data designs;
- Lead developers and software architects to provide the best solutions to meet current project needs that are aligned with strategic direction;
- Provide technical mentoring of the Infrastructure team;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Degree in computer sciences or certificate with equivalent experience.
- Minimum 15 years experience in technology information with a minimum of 10 years in architecture role.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent knowledge of Datawarehouse (DW) design technics;
- Experience of working on DW with large data scale and platforms (such as: Teradata, Snowflake, Redshift, etc.); ;
- Excellent knowledge and experience working with hybrid Cloud ;
- Experience of working on optimizing Data model for better ETL performance and user queries;
- Excellent knowledge and experience of server technologies under Windows and Linux;
- Knowledge and experience of programming language (Scala, Java, Python, etc.);
- Capacity to work under pressure and solve multifaceted problems;
- Good communication skills in order to influence the organization towards a common direction;
- Demonstrate good leadership;
- Business value oriented;
- Bilingual English and French
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.