- Montreal, QC, Canada
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
As part of the Datalake team, you'll be a Data Architect (Scala/Java) who designs, develops and implements new or existing complex and scalable applications and tools to fulfill business partners objectives. The Datalake team aims to centralize all Ubisoft raw data in near Real-time or by batch processing, and to make that data available for various uses including Data warehousing, analysis by Data Scientists and Data Exploration.
Your role is to determine the relevance and potential value of new technologies to support business operations and strategy to create best practices and knowledge sharing. You will also ensure the testing and maintenance of the applications, actively participate in the requirements, architecture and design specifications.
The main tasks of this position are to:
- Design, code and test technical solutions while seeking optimal performance and structuring that answer best clients’ needs;
- Understand technical and functional design requirements, propose alternative options to improve applications or reduce effort or reduce technical debt;
- Analyze the data sources and perform data exploration;
- Develop and maintain real-time and batch data ingestion pipeline;
- Share acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels;
- Propose ideas of improvement of the applications, procedures and
- Support the proper functionning of developed applications in all environments through interaction with Ops teams and/or set up of continuous integration and deployment tools (CI/CD);
- Identify, troubleshoot process errors and recommend solutions;
- Increase applications operating efficiency on a regular basis;
- Establish deadlines and personal work plans and manage time effectively;
- Create technical documentation and provide quality work in term of deliverables;
- Effectively communicate relevant project related information to team;
- Inform team members about the decisions that can have an impact upon their projects;
- Actively contribute to corporate knowledge base;
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field.
Minimum 5 years experience in Developer and/or Architecture within a professional IT environment.
- Good functional programming skills
- Good working experience in Agile environment
- Good knowledge and experience of programming Scala within a Linux
- environment (Or Java willing to switch to Scala)
- Good knowledge on source control tools and continuous integration such as Git
- and Bamboo
- Good knowledge on using application in the Cloud such as Amazon S3, Amazon EMR, Amazon EKS and IAM
- Good knowledge with deploying, hosting, securing and maintaining application in cloud
- Experience with Big data technologies such as Hive, Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes and Airflow
- Experience working with web services and APIs
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.