Senior Technical Artist - VR [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers” and many more.
We are creating a brand-new team to work on an unannounced AAA VR project. You will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft’s great IP’s, developed across multiple studios. Join us today to shape the future of VR!
We are looking for a Senior Technical Artist (f/m/d) who will be responsible for developing, supporting and documenting our art pipeline and techniques used by art, technical art and animation teams.
This is a full-time position based in Düsseldorf, Germany which requires working onsite.
- Deep knowledge of the following: Python, C# (C++, Java a plus)
- Deep knowledge of Maya and/or MotionBuilder, 3DMax (Photoshop, Substance Designer, Houdini a plus)
- Strong Knowledge of 3D engines
- Knowledge of tools used in the parametric creation of nodes
- Experience working on shipped AAA titles for consoles and/or pcs, as Senior Technical Artist.
- Perfect understanding of traditional and of physically based rendering (PBR) pipeline
- Shader writing or shader building skills
- Rigging experience is always a plus
- Familiarity with the creation of user-friendly tools/systems
- Perfect understanding of art optimization techniques
- Experience and understanding of art/animation pipelines for game engines
- A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges
- Experience in video-game production as Technical Artist (minimum 5 years)
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Strong organisational skills
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Scripts or application examples, code samples
- Examples of rigs, visual effects, animation, procedural visualization
- Develop new and improve existing tools.
- Problem solving for key production issues.
- Recognizing inefficiencies and pipeline issues and identifies solutions.
- Guide/Coordinate Art teams on demanding tasks
- Enabling other team members to achieve tasks in an efficient & consistent manner
- Creation & maintenance of documentation for Technical Art features and tools to provide for the team.
- Developing tools & scripts for Maya, MotionBuilder, 3DMax, Photoshop, Substance Designer and other 3D/2D packages and in-house tools.
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and VR and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.