Senior Lighting Artist
- Sofia, Sofia, Bulgaria
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services worldwide. More than 17,000 talents with a wide range of expertise are committed to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable entertainment experiences.
Established in 2006, Ubisoft Sofia has grown to a world-class AAA game dev studio. Throughout the years, the studio has released more than 18 titles, ranging from small casual to big open-world games, and covering a wide range of platforms & technologies. Ubisoft Sofia has brought expertise and creativity into brands such as Tom Clancy’s®, Prince of Persia®, and is a key contributor to the Assassin’s Creed® franchise. With more than 240 talented professionals, the studio is currently working on several big Ubisoft's titles.
Our worlds are infinite. Choose your path and create the unknown.
The Lighting Artist is responsible for the creation of the lighting setup of a given project. They work with Concept/Lighting/Texture/Level artists, Game and Level designers to ensure that all the elements of the game work together in terms of art, gameplay and technical restrictions.
- Delivers work efficiently and in accordance with the project's artistic direction
- Pushes the engine tools to their limit
- Applies optimization to their work
- Suggests or produces reference images in line with the project's artistic direction
- Uses and looks for artistic references - in video games or in other artistic domains - in order to improve the visual aspect of the game
- Is capable of working within the platform and engine constraints
- Efficiently uses data managing tools such as Perforce
- Is familiar with current real-time lighting technologies such as Global illumination
- In-depth knowledge of color theory
- Understanding of composition and how to create a certain mood through lighting
- Understanding Physically Base Rendering
- Keeping up with the industry’s current lighting techniques
- At least 5 years’ experience in the role of Lighting / Environment Artist on AAA games
- Experience working in real-time lighting workflows using a combination of baked and real-time lighting models
- Excellent debugging skills
- Ability to mentor other artists and provide meaningful feedback
- Impressive and relevant portfolio demonstrating lighting created by you in a PBR pipeline, clearly showing game examples of your work
- Strong sense of ownership
- Excellent knowledge of lighting and atmospheric effects
- Is able to find solutions to lighting problems at a more complex level
- Ability to understand technical constraints and to integrate them in their work
- Enthusiasm and desire to work in the game development industry
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage their own time and work within deadlines
- Good English skills
- Informal, friendly and international working environment;
- Opportunities to develop your skills working on AAA games;
- Learn and grow with the best professionals in the gaming industry;
- Possibility to take part in international work-related conferences and trainings;
- Benefits package including – private medical health and dental care, food vouchers, card for all public transport lines, monthly brunches, gifts for special occasions, special game dev merchandise, library of books and games, and many more;
- Flexible working hours and additional days off;
- Excellent office facilities and location right next to Borisova Garden Park in Sofia.
Please send us a copy of your updated CV in English and portfolio/reel.