Generalist Programmer - Technology Group
- Montreal, QC, Canada
As a generalist programmer within the Technology Group at Ubi Montreal, you play a key role in the design and implementation of the generic technologies and tools used by production teams. You know you've done a good job when these teams can easily translate their vision and creativity into an internationally renowned game.
What you'll do
- Develop generic systems to support the functionalities of the specialist programmers (AI, 3D, sound, animation, etc.) and ensure their integration (engine, editor or middleware)
- Support the production team by making sure their tools are stable and effective
- Program in a clear and structured manner that is in keeping with performance, maintenance, modularity, scalability and compatibility requirements.
- Monitor performance and memory budgets.
- Debug and optimize already existing systems.
- Document your work to ensure knowledge transfer and help users understand the new systems and features;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you'll bring
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in software programming, ideally in the video game industry or any other relevant experience.
- Excellent proficiency in various programming languages, especially C++.
- Good analytical and synthesis skills and attention to details.
- Ability to work as part of a team and good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Autonomy, curiosity and resourcefulness, that push you to go talk to people.
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
About the Technology Group (TG)
The TG provides tools and middleware tailored to our production needs. From front-end to back-end services, our projects are diverse but share a common goal: improve the efficiency of our gaming pipelines and the quality of our games. In a collaborative and innovative environment, we explore ideas, test concepts, and try new technology to find solutions that help developers deliver the best player experiences possible.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.