Senior Gameplay Designer
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ubisoft is composed of over 17,000 talented people located in 40+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Are you ready to move entertainment forward? Join us and create the unknown.
The Senior Gameplay Designer will set the vision for gameplay design in the game, drive that vision by directly building gameplay mechanics that demonstrate the vision, and work with others to achieve an understanding of the vision that is consistent throughout all gameplay mechanics built for the game.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Understand the high level vision of the game and be able to translate the vision into game design standards that can be used by everyone to build all of the gameplay mechanics in the game
- Rapidly prototype gameplay mechanics within a proprietary engine and toolset
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to build towards the definition of gameplay design standards for the experience and guide the incorporation of the standards into all other gameplay mechanics with vigilance
- Continue to iterate on gameplay throughout the project phases from concept to final
- Rapidly respond to and iterate on team and player feedback
- Proactively identify issues reducing the ability of the team to do their best work
- Mentor or manage one or more game designers directly
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Been through one complete development cycle of a modern product from concept to ship
- Conceived and built gameplay mechanics that have shipped in at least one or more modern games
- Understand and can articulate the fundamentals of gameplay design as it relates to modern games
- Has the ability and desire to mentor other gameplay designers in the fundamentals of game design
- Can take the high level vision of the game and translate it into gameplay design that matches the vision
- Worked together tightly with multi-disciplinary development teams
- Acted as a product owner/lead/manager of the development of gameplay mechanic(s), coordinating tasks and working with team members to get work do
- Requires no micromanagement to perform the responsibilities of the role and deliver high quality work on time
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and esports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after five years of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 24 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Ubisoft is an EOE and offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.