Development Tester - VR [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", “Beyond Good & Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
We are now accepting applications for Development Tester - VR [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d). We are building a brand-new team to work on an unannounced AAA VR project. You will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft’s greatest IP’s which will be developed across multiple studios. Join us today to shape the future of VR!
Ubisoft’s Blue Byte studio is seeking Development Testers for our team in Düsseldorf, Germany. Bring your passion for virtual reality and join our diverse development team, as we create an exciting new AAA experience for VR gamers! As a Development Tester, you will work alongside internal and external test teams and content developers to maintain the quality of our project by finding, reproducing, and documenting bugs, as well as providing feedback on how the game feels as a player.
- Perform daily build tests, and be responsible for the quality and stability of new game content and post-launch releases
- Work alongside content developers in Agile sprints to plan and perform tests against new game features
- Report and monitor bugs and game design problems in a large database
- Verify fixes applied by developers and ensure new bugs were not introduced
- Proactively escalate urgent issues encountered in the game
- Provide feedback on features in development
- Perform ad-hoc testing to find issues not covered by test plans
- Create and maintain documentation to aid with development and testing
- Assist in the testing of new project tools before they are deployed
- Ensure that the tested software meets first-party certification criteria as part of master certifications
- Test on multiple VR platforms
- Able to investigate bugs to find their simplest reproduction steps
- Able to describe complex bugs in concise writing
- Proficient in handling bug tracking databases (JIRA or similar)
- Experienced at working with test plans and reporting results
- At least one year experience in software or game testing
- Comfortable working with test teams and content development teams
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Experience with Agile project development is a plus
- Experience and passion for VR gaming is a plus
- Experience in AAA game development is a plus
- Experience working with Unity is a plus
- Experience working in global teams is a plus
- ISTQB foundation level is a plus
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 Days Paid Vacation Per Year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ Childcare Support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
If you want to grow with us and enjoy the game industry, we look forward to receiving your application including your availability, motivation and salary expectations.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772