Tools Programmer (Python)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
Deepsense is an applied research team that collaborates with its multiple internal partners (knowledge management, asset management, marketing, game production etc.) To improve their varied service/product/process. Through our various projects, we have acquired over the years a solid expertise in computer vision, natural language understanding, and predictive analysis.
The incumbent will work hand in hand with data engineer to deliver tools used to produce “Machine learning-Ready” dataset required to make processes and systems smarter through the building of predictive model that meet business requirements.
The tools programmer will design, implement, enhance and ensure the proper functioning of the tools, front-end, back-end and CI/CD.
The main and routine tasks of the tools programmer are to:
- Design new type of tools to facilitate R&D on Machine learning projects
- Compile and understand system development needs and assess their feasibility to enhance the data pipeline;
- Analyze existing features in systems and available tools and suggest improvements by designing and implementing new systems whenever necessary;
- Support the features and systems designed for the client;
- Analyze and correct the tools bugs ;
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users to understand how to use the systems and features;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent or relevant experiences.
Minimum 3 years’ experience in software programming or any other relevant experience in programming tools.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good Knowledge of Python, SQL, Django and Flask;
- Web services & APIs design and implementation (REST);
- Knowledge of C#, NoSQL;
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes;
- Knowledge of concepts in ergonomics;
- DevOps interest is an asset;
- Ability to understand user needs;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Problem-solving, Result Oriented skills;
- Analytical and synthesis skills;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to change (priority, project);
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.