IT Developer (Game Security)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to an international team driving innovation.
As part of the Security and Risk Management team, the Developer (Game Security) develops and improves new or existing security solutions for our games, and help the game teams to develop secure games.
You will improve security of existing game systems and implement new security measures where needed, and also maintain a strong knowledge of the existing anti-cheat and anti-piracy solutions. You will stay aware of new security threats and propose appropriate solutions. Finally, you will collaborate with other team members for transferring security knowledge.
Game developers with an interest in security problematics are welcome!
- Design, code and test technical solutions while seeking optimal performance and structuring that answer best clients’ needs;
- Support the good working of developed applications in all environments through interaction with project teams and/or set up of continuous integration and deployment tools;
- Propose ideas of improvement of the applications, procedures and technologies used;
- Understand technical and functional design requirements, proposes alternative options to improve applications;
- Identify and troubleshootsystem deficiencies and recommends solutions;
- Create technical documentation;
- Effectively communicate relevant information.
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or any other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a software development field.
- Common constraints and limitations of multiplayer/online games;
- Common vulnerabilities and exploitation methods of multiplayer/online games;
- Reverse engineering, operating systems internals, binary exploitation is a plus;
- Existing anti-cheat and anti-piracy solutions.
- Good knowledge of C and C++;
- Systematic and pragmatic mindset;
- Proficiency in oral and written English is required;
- Experience in programming robust and efficient code;
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.