Technical lead (Game Security)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
As the Technical Lead (Game Security) of the Security & Risk Management department, you will help manage and reduce security risks by providing technical security expertise on game related projects.
You will be the reference collaborator for technological issues in your field of expertise (game security). You are a technical specialist who will assess issues, and be accountable for the technological choices and performances of the systems in which you are specialized. You will continue to produce code and define best practices.
The main responsibilities are:
- Oversee technical mandates from the manager;
- Be a reference for team members for all technical issues in your field of expertise;
- Work as a senior programmer and help program high-risk elements;
- Be proactive in suggesting enhancements and technological choices;
- Assess system performances on a regular basis and optimize it whenever necessary;
- Resolve the most complex technical issues;
- Be a mentor in your field of expertise;
- Advise the manager by suggesting corrective measures to meet project objectives whenever necessary;
- Work with technical directors from other working to ensure the efficiency of the systems that are used by other teams;
- Carry out performance assessments in collaboration with the lead.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience as a game security specialist/engineer;
- 2+ years of experience as a technical lead;
- Strong experience with game security solutions design and development practices.
- Systematic and pragmatic mindset;
- Good team player and take initiatives;
- Able to multitask and perform on strict deadlines;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Quality and result oriented;
- Proficiency in oral and written English is required.
- Good knowledge of C and C++;
- Common constraints and limitations of multiplayer/online games;
- Common vulnerabilities and exploitation methods of multiplayer/online games;
- Reverse engineering, operating systems internals, binary exploitation is a plus;
- Anticheat and antipiracy solutions.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.