- Montreal, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to an international team driving innovation.
The incumbent will oversee the development and timely and on budget delivery of all products in his/her sector.
He/she will work in close collaboration with the product director to ensure the success of sectoral products and the mobilization
The main and routine tasks of this position are to:
· Define and present development strategies for sector products to executives;
· With the product director, set out a technology vision and communicate it to all team members and promote overall sectoral strategies, objectives and information;
· Set out a development plan for all products;
· Set out and follow up on the budget for the sector;
· Supervise and assess employees;
· Oversee work team activities, especially by following up on requests and department mandates;
· Manage risks and approve contingency plans;
· Negotiate agreements with internal and external suppliers whenever necessary;
· With the CPI, challenge the technical and informatics teams on technological decisions;
· Meet all production quality standards;
· Carry out all other related tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering and a certificate in project management or equivalent training.
University degree in management/administration an asset.
Minimum 10 years’ experience in computer software.
4 years’ experience in management.
Skills and knowledge:
· Excellent leadership and communication skills;
· Ability to delegate and build accountability;
· Analytical and synthesis skills;
· Ability to collaborate with individuals at all hierarchical levels and in different teams and with direct collaborators;
· Ability to quickly adapt to change;
· Results focus;
· Bilingualism (French-English);
· Extensive knowledge of the video game industry and market.
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.