Senior Level Designer - VR [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", “Beyond Good & Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
We are now accepting applications for Level Designer - VR [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d). We are building a brand-new team to work on an unannounced AAA VR project. You will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft’s greatest IP’s which will be developed across multiple studios. Join us today to shape the future of VR!
We are looking for an experienced Level Designer (f/m/d) on an unannounced AAA VR project at Ubisoft Düsseldorf. You will be responsible for creating game levels and implementing gameplay situations based on the creative vision. You will drive the game’s vision by building levels and work with others to achieve a consistent flow throughout all levels built for the game.
Furthermore, you are expected to help develop your level design team by coaching less experienced members and share best practices. You will use your experience and technical skills to create 3d spaces, terrain and encounters to craft a living and believable game world.
This is a full-time position based in Düsseldorf, Germany which requires working onsite.
- 5+ years of experience in game development and track record of amazing games
- Ability to create fun and exciting levels using a complex array of mechanics
- Excellent sense of 3D game space and environmental story telling
- Expert knowledge of level design rules and practices
- Familiar with large scale level design production workflows
- Familiar with indoor and outdoor level design
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Creativity, ability to challenge the player
- A passion for creating worlds and a love for games
- Experience with various level editors to create levels in AAA environment
- Portfolio with examples of your previous work/projects
- Experience and passion for VR a strong bonus
- Create high quality AAA game levels in VR and implement game-play situations based on the creative vision and narrative design.
- Assist in the definition and implementation of multiple biomes / level styles
- Manage the levels through the full cycle of production from conception to finalization
- Maintain and balance the readability, difficulty and accessibility of the levels
- Understand and apply the narrative and emotional ambition for the environments you are responsible for
- Create a compelling game world, place assets and terrain sculpting and painting based on the creative/level-design directors vision
- Manage your levels through the full cycle of production from conception to finalization
- Prototype the environment, establish the layouts, and suggest ways of using the interactive and non-interactive elements to create the desired emotions
- Create level concepts, block them out in the engine’s level editor and ensure a playable prototype throughout production
- Continuously improve and balance the difficulty and flow on the maps/levels
- Work in collaboration with the level artists to ensure that the playability of the level and the graphic elements support each other
- As the project progresses, integrate the elements produced in the map (new game play, AI, sound, etc.)
- Control the accessibility, understanding, and level of difficulty of the level
- Collaborate with the art and design teams to ensure the consistency of your work
- Mentor junior level designers and share your knowledge with your peers
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 Days Paid Vacation Per Year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ Childcare Support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
If you want to grow with us and enjoy the game industry, we look forward to receiving your application including your availability, motivation and salary expectations.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.