Speculative Application: Senior Lead Artist (f/m/d)
- Mainz, Germany
At Ubisoft Mainz we engineer the biggest games on Ubisoft’s front line. From our studio located in the heartland of Germany, we conquer galactic frontiers with Beyond Good and Evil 2, kicking in doors with Rainbow Six: Siege and push genre defining games like Anno 1800 towards the future.
We are looking for bold and creative geniuses to take our games even further. Whether you are a veteran or a young crackerjack designer: become part of our blockbuster projects and benefit from an outstanding work-life balance.
At Ubisoft Mainz, we are currently looking for a talented Senior Lead Artist (f/m/d) who will be responsible for developing and driving an original and innovative art style for one of our games while leading the art team in the development of AAA environments and assets.
Our studio is currently working on many exciting projects, including Beyond Good and Evil 2, Rainbow Six: Siege and Anno 1800. This job advertisement is currently not tied to a specific project*
Your main tasks are to:
- Help establish, develop and maintain a game's artistic style and visual quality
- Help building a successful and proactive team of artists, pushing quality with seasoned artists and mentoring and junior staff
- Inspire and motivate the art team to achieve their best; leading by example to drive artistic quality and successful teamwork
- Provide regular review and feedback to team members in a clear and constructive manner
- Work with other disciplines to establish technical and aesthetic guidelines for art in the game
- Create and maintain the brand/art style guides and technical documentation
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor other artists in best practices, processes, and procedures pertaining to production, setting challenges to encourage growth
- Assess and guide your team member’s career progression while delivering constructive feedback and appraisals of their development
- Take ownership of the milestone planning, day-to-day feedback communications, and final quality of deliverables from various external partners (outsourcing)
- Maintain effective informational flow to the team to ensure the team members are aligned with the project objectives
- Actively participate to the constant improvement of work methods and pipelines
- Understand and work within project requirements and constraints
- Minimum 5 years experience creating art for games with preferably at least 1 shipped title as an Art Lead
- 1+ years of art management experience
- Excellent communication skills as a leader, collaborator, and mentor
- Experience managing both internal and outsourced art teams and pipelines
- Experience creating a broad range of art styles in both 2D and 3D mediums
- Proficient with standard industry tools like Substance, Max, Z-Brush and Photoshop, with a high capacity to learn new tools
- Pro-active & collaborative work attitude toward achieving results under pressure
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, with teamwork mentality
- Effective planning and organizational skills with the ability to think strategic
- Able to drive change and inspire others to generate new ideas
- Passion for the industry and an understanding of market trends and styles
- Enjoy feedback as the best way to create fantastic visuals and collaboration when working with outsource and external contractors.
- Proven track record in the delivery of high quality 3D assets for AAA titles.
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
- Fresh fruits, discounted gym membership, corporate benefits and support for child care
- Free bike rental or lease your own bike
- Working in an innovative and international company
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, a cover letter including your earliest starting date, your salary expectations and why you would like to join us.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/