Speculative Application for Senior Gameplay Programmer [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
- Berlin, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, state of the art video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno”, “Far Cry” and many more.
The newly established Ubisoft Berlin studio is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams.
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are steadily growing. We are collaborating on the award-winning “Far Cry” series together with international Ubisoft teams, an unannounced project and we are paving the way for even more!
As a newly established Ubisoft studio, we have an ambitious but humble approach to the contribution we want to bring to AAA game development in Germany. We are committed to excellence; we want to dedicate ourselves to delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that will empower our players and make them feel part of the worlds, we create.
We encourage an autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset tailored to our highly motivated talents to create experiences that leave a mark in the games industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!
We are now accepting applications for a Senior Gameplay Programmer [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d) to be based at our new studio in Berlin.
The Senior Gameplay Programmer develops gameplay elements which facilitate the playability of the game (the link between the player's actions, character's behavior, and the consequences on the evolution of the game) and complex gameplay mechanisms.
Further responsibilities include:
- Implement and optimize the interaction controls and systems with the game designer to ensure fluid playability
- Use prototyping techniques to demonstrate the validity/invalidity of a gameplay idea
- Determine and fix the gameplay bugs detected by the production and quality control teams
- Establish the technical possibilities for the different gameplay features
- Analyse and understand the game design documents in order to define the required features and game systems that must be developed in the engine
- Validate and verify if the newly developed systems meet project intentions and are coherent with the existing code
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or any other relevant discipline is a plus
- 7+ years experience in Gameplay Programming preferably
- Experience in programming robust and efficient code
- Excellent knowledge in C++
- Experience in working on existing Engines
- Experience with online gameplay
- Ability to work efficiently with large, existing code bases
- Familiarity with game-related 3D mathematical concepts;
- Excellent communication and good English skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
We aim to have a wide and diverse range of profiles within our studio; thus, we are looking forward to being surprised by your application. The most important quality for us is to be a strong team player with a resilient and positive attitude.
What we want to offer you:
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe developers do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for a developer to feel comfortable. With that in mind, we aim to provide a variety of everyday benefits which we hope will help you feel great including:
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care
- Subsidized lunch meals, free bike rental or lease your own bike!
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal. Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.