Freelance Motion Graphics Artist
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ubisoft is composed of over 17,000 talented people located in 40+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Imagine the future of gaming with us. Join us and create the unknown.
Ubisoft Entertainment is seeking a freelance Motion Graphics Artist for our Video Services Department, who specializes in the creation of marketing content.
This position will handle a variety of animated graphic requests, including the creation of bumpers, title cards, lower thirds, logo animations, and motion graphic treatments for trailers and sizzle videos. We are looking for someone who thrives in a small team fast paced environment, and who has a passion for developing motion graphics. He/she has strong design skills, and expert knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator. In this role the artist will work independently on a variety of different projects that can vary in scope and difficulty. He/she will be expected to collaborate with other artists and integrated producers to assure creative requests are being filled, and assets are being delivered on time and to spec.
A key component of this position is the ability to quickly develop ideas and turn around quality compositions under tight deadlines.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Attend daily scrums and share progress on assignments
- Address client’s feedback on projects through Jira ticketing system
- Maintain tickets status and asset timeline on track
- Modify Endcard’s legal lines, logo garden, box shots, and copy as necessary
- Design and animate content for Cinemagraphs and Micro-videos
- Work with Motion team to create 2D/3D animated graphics for title cards, lower thirds, bumpers, and full GFX packages
- Work with the team to find solutions and share information
- Attend briefing for GFX packages and Creator toolkits
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 3-5 years motion graphics experience
- Expert knowledge of After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Cinema 4D, Mac, and video formats/codecs
- Adequate VFX skills: typography, design/layout, color composition, and animation.
- Knowledge of After effects and Premiere Plugins
- Maintain Video Services workflows and high standard of quality
- Must be able to collaborate creative ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Must be organized, and have excellent attention to detail
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to work independently and also well with others as part of a team
- Maintain a positive attitude while working closely with team members and client
**Please include a portfolio or PDF / links to examples of your work in the application. Applicants without work examples will not be considered.**
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 24 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.