Senior Service Programmer (Java) (f/m/d) - UbiServices Düsseldorf
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers” and many more.
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for a motivated and passionate Senior Service Programmer (Java) (f/m/d) who aspires to take games to the next level. In ambitious projects you will build up and maintain high-value productions as Developer in a multi-cultural team. With your experience, you are able to provide a strong technical background, collaborate with teams all around the world and support the team to create a great online services suite for Ubisoft Games (including AAA Games)!
This position will be located at Ubisoft, Düsseldorf (Germany).
- You develop and maintain new and existing online service used throughout the company
- You define and design software requirements and specifications based on user requirements
- You cooperate with project management to ensure on-time high quality delivery for the product departments
- You thoroughly document your work in order to transfer knowledge to your team members
- You are able to create a development plan and break it down into small, clear tasks
- Over 7 years’ experience as a software engineer (Java or other JVM languages, industry standard frameworks)
- Strong background in Restful Web Services (both consuming and producing sides)
- Micro Service Architecture experience
- Knowledge of Agile and Continuous Delivery practices
- You are able to work in an agile, English speaking team
- You are familiar with analyzing and debugging performance issues
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Experience with DevOps culture
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers
- Experience with Linux
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and VR and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation
For further information please check https://duesseldorf.ubisoft.com/en/ and www.ubisoft.com.