3D Programmer Intern [Ubisoft Mainz Internship Program] (f/m/d)
- Mainz, Germany
About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
Anno 1800 has set sail, bringing players all across the globe in touch with our studio's 21 years of city builder experience. We are now looking for a talented and motivated 3D Programmer Intern (f/m/d) to join our team at Ubisoft Mainz for a duration of 6 months.
As 3D Programmer Intern you will help us ensure that our proprietary Anno engine keeps on evolving. Our studio values a high level of teamwork, commitment and open communication, so you should be just as comfortable speaking to our artists and designers as you are discussing code with fellow programmers.
In order to develop strong architectures which take our engine to the next level, you will work closely with your Internship Guardian to:
- Research new rendering techniques
- Maintain and extend the existing engine, tools and frameworks
- Analyze performance and optimize code
- Collaborate with game designers/level designers/artists
• Ideally enrolled in a university program in computer science
• Initial experience with programming 3D graphics applications, ideally using any of the current rendering APIs (Direct3D, OpenGL, Vulkan) and shader languages
• Good programming skills in C++
• Good understanding of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures
• Ability to analyze and extend existing code
• Good debugging and problem solving skills
• Good communication and English skills
• Ability and desire to work as a team player
• Self-direction and motivation
• Passion for making and playing games
• Initial experience with GPU performance analysis and tools
• Initial experience with multi-threaded architectures
• About to graduate university
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
- Fresh fruits, discounted gym membership, corporate benefits and support for child care
- Free bike rental or lease your own bike
- Working in an innovative and international company
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, a cover letter including your earliest starting date, and why you would like to join us.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/