- Montreal, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Montreal is looking for you, Web Developers!
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
The web programmer designs, implements and ensures the proper functioning of web tools.
The incumbent will join a game production team, which provides products and services to productions to facilitate development and online game operations (games-as-a-service).
Tools and technology used :
- AngularJS, Polymer for front-end
- NodeJS for back-end microservices
- NodeJS and WebSockets for real-time information updating
- Docker and Gitlab CI for the testing and integration pipeline
Our tools must also integrate several internal APIs.
There is a specific focus on the implementation of best development practices (continuous integration/deployment), code review, pair programming and microservice architecture.
The main and routine tasks of the web developer are to:
- Develop and maintain frontend web applications based on internal client needs
- Compile, understand and analyze the operational needs of the production and service teams to best serve their interests
- Suggest improvements by designing and implementing new systems and functions
- Check and validate that new systems are in line with project objectives and remain coherent with the current code and optimize them whenever required
- Support the functions and systems designed for production
- Verify and correct bugs identified by other working units and the QC team
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and ensure that users in other working units understand and use the new systems and functions
- Participate in daily team activities
- Carry out all other related tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent
- Minimum seven years’ experience in web programming
General skills and knowledge
- Commitment to delivering quality work
- Ability to understand and account for user needs
- Problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and synthesis skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to change
- Results focus
Core skills and knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum & Kanban)
- Knowledge of DevOps principles
- Knowledge of Linux & Windows
- Knowledge of databases
- Knowledge of NodeJS
- Knowledge of Docker