Business Analyst (Business Intelligence)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
The Business Analyst works within teams to identify and transform business needs into solutions. You will work on projects for new needs as well as operations to improve current processes.
- Analyze and synthesize information provided by stakeholders;
- Identify business rules, functional requirements, non-functional requirements through cases and stakeholders;
- Work with the architects to develop integrated processes and technology solutions;
- Produces high quality written content such as:
- All requirements in the form of a Business Requirement Document (BRD) ;
- Solutions to those needs in the form of Functional Requirement Document (FRD),;
- Fit/Gap analysis;
- As is” and “to be” Business Process Models (BPM) workflows;
- Use Cases;
- UML diagrams, Use Case Diagram and Activity Diagram;
- High level data flow diagrams with the support of the architects,;
- Story boards and workflows;
- Tests Plans for the Quality Assurance team;
- Change management documents (training, communication);
- Communicate and solve the Fit/Gap analysis with all stakeholders impacted.
- On a regular basis, facilitate and maintain the interest of the stakeholders;
- Participate in the evaluation and benchmarking of market solutions when required;
- Participate as member of the team on parts of the project plan;
- Build MicroStrategy reports and coordinate with developers;
- Being available daily for questions from the project team;
- Create tests cases and conduct manual testing;
- Support the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) phase;
- Ensure knowledge transfer and documentation of the new solution;
- Market and socialize the solution;
- Participate in the Business Analyst community;
- Evangelize the business analysis good practices and mission;
- Carry out all other related task.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field;
- Certification of Competency in Business Analysis™ (CCBA®) designation from IIBA, an asset.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in BI business analysis or equivalent experience;
- Experience in IT projects;
- Experience working across organizational boundaries on a local and global basis is an asset;
- ITIL an asset;
- Great communication and listening skills;
- Great interpersonal skills;
- Problem solving and questioning skills
- Curious and proactive;
- Eager to learn
- Multitasking and performing on strict deadlines
- Quality and result oriented
- Data analysis skills (using Excel, SQL or other tools);
- Adaptable to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent English skills (spoken and written);
- French fluency is an asset;
- Good knowledge of business process design;
- Good knowledge of Requirement Management;
- Good knowledge of the analysis and conception of IT software and systems;
- Understanding of the project lifecycle and resources involved;
- Knowledge of Agile methodology;
- Knowledge of MicroStrategy
- Knowledge of Informatica and Teradata is a plus
- Knowledge of an IT service management product
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure and it’s relation to applications and business services, an asset;
- Understanding of interface ergonomics and design.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.