Project Manager (Accessibility)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
As an Accessibility Project Manager at Ubi MTL, you help welcome everyone into our worlds – regardless of motor, cognitive, vision, hearing, or any other disability.
Committed to inclusivity, you guide us in creating games with the entire spectrum of the player base in mind. You act as an accessibility ambassador, advising production teams across the company on solutions that make our games playable by all. Because when barriers exist, you see to it that they’re broken down – especially if you’ve faced them yourself.
What you’ll do
- Partner with production teams throughout our studios to improve accessibility in our games.
- Facilitate user testing, providing our labs with accessibility guidelines for recruitment, moderation, analysis, and reporting.
- Collaborate with disabled gamers, involving them in the development process pre-launch to gather feedback and refine accessibility features.
- Communicate with internal advocates (like UX directors and designers) to ensure that accessibility is considered from the get-go and remains a priority throughout production.
- Coordinate knowledge sharing by promoting best practices, developing internal training, speaking at conferences, publishing articles, etc.
- Foster relationships with the accessibility community and industry experts to keep the conversation going.
What you bring
- An advocacy-oriented mindset: you’re respectful and conscious of all types of disabilities, always
- Attention to detail, particularly when it comes to design: you understand that a seemingly simple choice can make or break an experience
- Understanding of the disability rights movement and social model of disability
- Ability to influence change & motivation to carry it out
- A highly collaborative and innovative spirit
- Excellent organizational, presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Familiarity with video game production processes + game accessibility best practices and available resources in the industry *
- Around 3 years of experience in accessibility, user research, UX design, or related experience
*Proficiency with a variety of screen readers a huge plus
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your skills and experience
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.