Texture / Material Artist [Avatar Project]
- Malmö, Sweden
We’re embarking on an amazing journey, together with Lightstorm Entertainment and FoxNext Games, to the world of Pandora, developing a new cutting-edge game set on the beautiful and dangerous moon from the prominent Avatar film franchise.
As a Texture / Material Artist at Massive, you'll work closely with an overall art direction to create materials (primarily organic), which populate the game universe and directly impact the overall look and feel of the game. You’ll collaborate with additional artists, designers and programmers both in-house and in co-development studios to implement these materials, sharing open and honest feedback, whilst taking direction from your Lead and Directors.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Creating high quality textures & materials using Substance Painter & Designer.
- Overseeing and developing a material library.
- Assisting in the design, implementation and maintenance of material pipelines.
- Collaborating with artists at partner studios to maintain consistent process and visual quality.
- Anticipating and identifying production challenges to leads and Technical Directors.
- Researching new texture tools and techniques to create more efficient and visually appealing environments.
- Working with technical artist to develop advanced shader and material sets.
You have excellent knowledge with both Substance Designer and Substance Painter. Strong texture art abilities and ideally an extensive knowledge of gaming systems. You're able to manage and organize your work, in order to meet deadlines. You’re a great communicator in English, which also allows you to collaborate with various stakeholders, taking ideas right through to implementation.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experience in the following areas:
- A relevant portfolio is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in AAA game development or credit on at least one AAA title as a Texture / Material artist.
- Expert skills in Substance Designer / Substance Painter.
- Strong modeling skills in 3DS Max or Maya.
- Familiarity with node-based game engines like Unity, Unreal or Snowdrop.
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering and material / light interactions.
Good to know
We aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.