- Montreal, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to an international team driving innovation.
The Data Architect is part of the Technical Operations team and is responsible for designing, creating, deploying and managing data storage & propagation architecture of the games/projects/players. The incumbent will analyse, recommend, develop & maintain data solutions and interact with Technical Leads, Programmers, Business Analysts, Security Team, IT (network), Tech Group, etc., to safeguard the data is proper, optimized and scalable for our reporting and analysis needs.
The main and routine tasks of the Data Architect are to:
- Participate in the design, architecture and evolution of Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, and ETL solutions and systems;
- Deliver optimum Data performance and scalability in partnership with Business and internal services such as IT (GNS), TG, etc.;
- Drive Data usage strategies, principles, standards and best practices via development and communication;
- Develop and maintain live data warehouses through conceptual, logical and physical Data models;
- Develop new benchmarks and tools for Data performance measurement and capacity;
- Analyse and recommend best technologies available for services accompanied with the projects;
- Review, recommend and approve Data designs;
- Support the Developers and Business Analysts to provide the best solutions to meet current project needs that are aligned with strategic direction;
- Provide technical mentoring;
- Look for system improvements and recommend out of the box solutions;
- Keep in touch with new tools, technologies and improvements.
Degree in computer sciences or certificate with equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 year experience in the industry, with a minimum of 4 years in this role.
- Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of MPP systems (preferably Teradata);
- Excellent knowledge of enterprise data modeling & database design (preferably Teradata);
- Excellent knowledge of best practices in decisional application conception;
- Excellent Knowledge of ETL and reporting tools (preferably Informatica and Tableau);
- Advance Proficiency in writing/correcting SQL statements;
- Knowledge and experience in the management of the data quality;
- Knowledge of data modeling tools such as ER studio, Erwin etc.
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies;
- Knowledge of data science and Data mining;
- Collaboration & communication skills;
- Detail and Quality oriented;
- Capacity to work under pressure and solve multifaceted problems;
- Spoken and written English knowledge;
- Knowledge and experience with programming such as Spark, Python, Scala or R is a big plus.