- Montreal, QC, Canada
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
The Data Architect is part of the Technical Operations team and is responsible for designing, creating, deploying and managing data storage & propagation architecture of the games/projects/players. The incumbent will analyse, recommend, develop & maintain data solutions and interact with Technical Leads, Programmers, Business Analysts, Security Team, IT (network), Tech Group, etc., to safeguard the data is proper, optimized and scalable for our reporting and analysis needs.
The main and routine tasks of the Data Architect are to:
- Participate in the design, architecture and evolution of Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, and ETL solutions and systems;
- Deliver optimum Data performance and scalability in partnership with Business and internal services such as IT (GNS), TG, etc.;
- Drive Data usage strategies, principles, standards and best practices via development and communication;
- Develop and maintain live data warehouses through conceptual, logical and physical Data models;
- Develop new benchmarks and tools for Data performance measurement and capacity;
- Analyse and recommend best technologies available for services accompanied with the projects;
- Review, recommend and approve Data designs;
- Support the Developers and Business Analysts to provide the best solutions to meet current project needs that are aligned with strategic direction;
- Provide technical mentoring;
- Look for system improvements and recommend out of the box solutions;
- Keep in touch with new tools, technologies and improvements.
Degree in computer sciences or certificate with equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 year experience in the industry, with a minimum of 4 years in this role.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge and experience of MPP systems (preferably Teradata);
- Excellent knowledge of enterprise data modeling & database design (preferably Teradata);
- Excellent knowledge of best practices in decisional application conception;
- Excellent Knowledge of ETL and reporting tools (preferably Informatica and Tableau);
- Advance Proficiency in writing/correcting SQL statements;
- Knowledge and experience in the management of the data quality;
- Knowledge of data modeling tools such as ER studio, Erwin etc.
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies;
- Knowledge of data science and Data mining;
- Collaboration & communication skills;
- Detail and Quality oriented;
- Capacity to work under pressure and solve multifaceted problems;
- Spoken and written English is required;
- Knowledge and experience with programming such as Spark, Python, Scala or R is a big plus.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.