- Montreal, Canada
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
As part of the Datalake team, you'll be a IT Developer who designs, develops and implemenst new or existing complex and scalable applications, to fulfill business partners objectives. The Datalake team aims to centralize all Ubisoft raw data in near Real-time or Batch, and make that data available for various uses including Data warehousing, analysis by Data Scientists and Data Exploration.
You'll actively participate in the requirements, specifications and application in order to do the development, testing and maintenance. You'll also determines relevance and potential value of new technologies to support business operations and strategy to create best practices and knowledge sharing.
The main tasks of this position are to:
- Put the security on top of everything that you do
- Analyze the data sources and perform data exploration;
- Develop and maintain real-time and batch data ingestion pipeline.
- Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels;
- Support the good working of developed applications in all environments through interaction with support teams
- Adheres to the standards and best practices in department and company;
- Identifies and troubleshoots process errors and recommends solutions;
- Increases applications operating efficiency on a regular basis;
- Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manages time effectively;
- Execute assigned tasks and communicate status to Scrum Master showing progress against milestones, status, issues, risks and dependencies;
- Creates technical documentation, is quality driven in term of deliverables;
- Effectively communicates relevant project/team related information to superiors;
- Actively contributes to corporate knowledge base;
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field.
Minimum 3 years experience in Developer within a professional IT environment.
- Good functional programming skills
- Good working experience in Agile environment
- Good knowledge and experience of programming Scala within a Linux
- environment (Or Java willing to switch to Scala)
- Good knowledge on source control tools and continuous integration such as Git
- and Bamboo
- Good knowledge on using application in the Cloud such as Amazon S3, Amazon EMR, Amazon EKS and IAM
- Good knowledge with deploying, hosting, securing and maintaining application in cloud
- Experience with Big data technologies such as Hive, Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes and Airflow
- Experience working with web services and APIs
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Responsible and accountable for his/her actions;
- Problem solving and questioning skills;
- Persevering, autonomous, takes initiative;
- Capacity to multitask and perform on strict deadlines;
- Quality, services and result oriented;
- Easily adaptable to changes and proposals;
- Good team player, able to accept constructive criticism and give feedback, facilitates effective team interaction;
- Creative & innovative.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.