Team Lead (Business Intelligence)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
The Enterprise Data Team is looking for an Team Lead BI who can bring their expertise to life in our dynamic team of gaming & tech enthusiasts. If you are bold, driven and unafraid of pushing boundaries, we want you on our team.
The Team Lead will support the Associate Director (AD) in overseeing work quality and deadlines for the small team. The Team Lead BI will help follow up on and validate the team’s work and coach team members while contributing part of the development of the project (where necessary).
The main and routine tasks of the Team Lead are to:
- Create, prioritize, assign and regularly follow up on tasks and the advancement of the team’s work with regards to deliverables;
- Represent the team;
- Organize and lead team meetings;
- Draft regular reports for the associate Director (AD) on the advancement of the team’s work and recommend corrective measures whenever necessary to meet project objectives;
- Anticipate and recognize potential conflicts and recommend solutions to the associate director for the team;
- Be a mentor in terms of technical aspects for team members (where necessary);
- Contribute to the technical architecture and development phases (where necessary);
- Take part in performance assessments in collaboration with the associate director (AD);
- Coordinate bug correction as it pertains to the team’s work;
- Ensure that new employees integrate the team;
- Help recruit new team members;
- Animates community of specialist to define common practices, rules, identify opportunities for new tools (R&D)
- Outlines the domain activity:
- Offers support to SCRUM Master on SCRUM involvement of the people in their team
- Participate in the domain development strategy
- Assists SM in solving potential personal conflicts
- Carry out working unit-related tasks (depending on the size of the team he/she must supervise);
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Time and priority management;
- Ability to assemble productive teams;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Flexibility in organizing work;
- Resourcefulness in problem-solving;
- Ability to delegate;
- Stress and change management skills;
- Managerial courage;
- Sense of initiative;
- Database knowledge an asset (JIRA, Perforce, etc.);
- Knowledge of the technical constraints of real time, 3D engines and level editors;
- Knowledge of the tools used by team members;
- Project management knowledge an asset;
- Knowledge of the other game production working units an asset;
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite an asset.
- Team lead - Programming: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent. Certification in project management (an asset).
- 2-4 years’ experience on his/her working unit or other relevant experience;
- Experience in significant BI/Big Data projects