Game Director - VR [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers” and many more.
We are creating a brand-new team to work on an unannounced AAA VR project. You will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft’s great IP’s, developed across multiple studios. Join us today to shape the future of VR!
We are looking for Game Director (f/m/d) who will be leading the creation of a whole part of the game world. With a strong focus on Level Design, In this role you will be expected to possess great collaborative and leadership skills and a strong ability to motivate your team.
You are a perfect candidate if when liaising with the Creative & Narrative directors, you understand and enforce the project vision to your team. You manage the creation of all relevant content and fully exploit the potential of all game mechanics.
This is a full-time position based in Düsseldorf, Germany which requires working onsite.
- 8+ years of experience in the games industry working in level design or game design
- 6+ years in game/level design
- Lead experience and at least one shipped AAA title in a Lead Level Designer position
- A Passion for VR; experience in VR is a bonus
- Experience with big teams, outsourcing and/or co-development
- Thorough understanding of overall content design processes and production pipelines; including areas such as level design, game design, narrative design and game writing
- At least 2 years working with technical limitations/constraints in a game environment is a bonus
- Unity knowledge is a plus
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Be a team player
- Collaborate with the lead team, producers and directors to deliver high quality content in line with the creative vision of the game
- Design the game world in line with the project’s artistic vision and world guide
- Plan and direct the design of games content such as levels, campaigns, quests, tutorials, events, characters and certain items
- Create quality goals, workflows and guidelines for all relevant content
- Improve the design of areas such as narration, game flow and pacing, difficulty, player progression as well as the consistency of all mechanics used to create content
- Participate in research and optimization of content creation tools and workflows
- Ensure that quality objectives are met and that the elements that are produced are in line with the level design vision for the game
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and VR and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH