Music Licensing Specialist
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
The Music licensing specialist will coordinate the acquisition of music licenses on a variety of projects, to meet the musical needs of the production and marketing teams. He must also ensure the smooth processing of contracts resulting from each use of works.
The main and routine tasks of the Music licensing specialist are to:
- Identify the rights holders of musical works
- Negotiate musical works licenses based on the needs of the production and marketing teams
- Follow up on licenses that are granted and the licensing terms with the production and marketing teams
- Recover all the elements related to the licenses (audio files, lyrics, credits) from the licensors and ensure that these elements are transmitted to the production and marketing teams
- Ensure the treatment, review and monitoring of contracts and payments related to the licensing of musical works, in partnership with the legal and accounting teams of Ubisoft and license music owners;
- Help determine the needs of the marketing and production teams
- Carry out all other related tasks
Education and relevant experience
- Bachelor's in administration, management and / or training or relevant experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a position deemed relevant, ideally in the music industry (record company, music publisher), media or entertainment (production company, advertising agency, etc.).
- Ability to negotiate and persuade
- Communication and relational skills
- Be independent and have the sense of initiative
- Very good organization skills
- Ability to lead several projects at once
- Knowledge of the Office suite and of Windows environment
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.