Realization Director [Far Cry Brand] (f/m/d)
- Berlin, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", “Ubisoft Escape Games", "Beyond Good & Evil 2", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
The newly established Ubisoft Berlin studio is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams.
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are steadily growing. We are collaborating on the award-winning “Far Cry” series together with international Ubisoft teams, an unannounced project and we are paving the way for even more!
As a newly established Ubisoft studio, we have an ambitious but humble approach to the contribution we want to bring to AAA game development in Germany. We are committed to excellence; we want to dedicate ourselves to delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that will empower our players and make them feel part of the worlds we create.
We encourage an autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset tailored to our highly motivated talents to create experiences that leave a mark in the games industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!
We are now accepting applications for Realization Director [Far Cry Brand] (f/m/d) to be based at our studio in Berlin.
As a Realization Director, you will report to the Producer and you will lead a cross discipline team in charge of bringing the extra layer of polish and production value that players expect from Ubisoft games. You will work alongside the Game Director (game design, gameplay, narrative design, UX etc…) and the Content Director (level design, environment art, concept art, technical content etc…) to lead the team and deliver the highest quality.
Your team will be composed of a mix of experts in their domain (VFX Artists, Lighting Artists, Animators, Technical Artists, Audio Designers etc…) and of versatile profiles (“Realization Specialists”) whom will be the glue between the different disciplines. The mandate of this team is to push the production value and polish of the content and features owned by the content and game design teams while fitting into the technical constraints of the project.
Further responsibilities include:
- Lead the Realization Team: As a Director, you provide the right environment for your team to grow and feel fulfilled by their work. You encourage autonomy, initiative and self-management. You ensure growth of each member of the team in the direction they choose to pursue. You own the vision to grow your team in collaboration with Production and handle the recruitment.
- Own the vision for the Realization aspect of the game: In accordance to the overall creative direction (game direction, art direction, etc…), you define how the project is going to push the boundaries of production value. You define the intention and the pillars that will help the team to converge and make their own decision. You also demonstrate some strategic skills and aptitudes towards innovation.
- Handle “project scale” questions: You communicate the long-term goals and the expected standards. You leave the details of implementation to your team. You advise the Producer on Leadership and Strategic topics. You handle communication across studios for strategic topics for the project/brand.
- You are an expert in one of these disciplines (animation, vfx, lighting, environment art, cinematic, presentation, cinematography, audio) and you are very comfortable with the other ones.
- You thrive in a fast paced and highly complex environment. You are not easily overwhelmed and you can work on several complex situations at the same time. You are able to make decisions with limited information while also understanding you do not need to make all decisions or even need to agree with all decisions.
- You strive to build a sustainable environment where continuous improvements and high performances are key. You understand when it is meaningful to prioritize short term over long term but you always build for the decade ahead.
- You have strong people skills built-in with a servant leadership mindset. You always prioritize others over yourself and you put yourself on the line to protect your team but you also know when authority is required. You know that to make your authority meaningful you have to use it in an extremely sparse manner.
- You have a track record of released projects with high production value in a creative industry with technical constraints (better if it is in games).
We aim to have a wide and diverse range of profiles within our studio; thus, we are looking forward to being surprised by your application. The most important quality for us is to be a strong team player with a resilient and positive attitude.
What we want to offer you:
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe developers do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for a developer to feel comfortable. With that in mind, we aim to provide a variety of everyday benefits which we hope will help you feel great including:
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal. Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.