Localization Project Manager
- Shanghai, China
About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2016-17 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,460 million.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
Working in close collaboration with the Production team, usually not based in the same studio, the Localization PM is responsible for organizing and managing multilingual game localization, from project assignment to Gold Master. He/she finds the most suitable solutions to cope with local market objectives, linguistic/technical constraints and project’s specificities.
Localization is the adaptation of a product to a target culture and market. Basically, it consists in managing the translation & adaptation, audios, integration and linguistic quality assurance of a product from a source language, usually English, to several destination languages (French, German, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Nordic languages, Russian, Polish, Japanese, Korean, Chinese etc.).
Internationalization refers to the ensemble of actions (technical, process wise or linguistic/content wise) taken so that a product can actually be localized, and, even more, that it can be localized easily, quickly and cheaply.
· Work together with the development team and make sure the project fulfills the Internationalization requirements.
· Define the localization format, tools, process and communication flow.
· Analyze the game scope and content from the localization perspective and, together with the development team, set the linguistic guidelines of the project.
· Set the Localization budget, planning and risk assessment.
· Set up and direct “best fit” external and/or internal teams (translators, proofreaders, studios, actors, testers).
· Take on outsourcing responsibilities and all the related administrative and contractual tasks (signing the service agreement, following up the invoices etc.).
· Monitor the projects and assure that that quality, budget and deadlines are met.
· Evaluate the localization process and quality in order to draw the lessons learned and identify areas of improvement. Share the lessons learned with all parties involved.
· Manage several projects simultaneously.
· Communicate and collaborate with Localization PMs worldwide: Paris / Montpellier / Dusseldorf / Montreal / Shanghai in order to exchange best practices and improve processes.
· Degree in Computer Science, Economics, or Foreign Languages is a plus
· At least 3 years of work experience, preferably in a multinational company
· Good knowledge of video game industry
· Project Management studies/certification or experience
· Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
· Analytical thinking
· Leadership and problem solving abilities
· Fluent English (written and spoken), French is a plus
· Interest in other languages/cultures
· Proficient MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint) and Internet literacy – Knowledge of Microsoft Project is a plus
· Ability to build solid professional relations
· Curious, able to identify opportunities, seek improvement and drive change
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!