Data Engineer M/F
- Paris, France
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with.
Ubisoft is natively data-driven: from the core of our games to our marketing actions, we’re leveraging data and algorithms.
Within our EMEA entity, to support the growth and maturity of our applied Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics projects, we’re building a new Data & Machine Learning Engineering team.
The role of this team will be to tandem with the Data Science team, and build services, workflows and tools to lead projects from the early concepts to prototypes, and from prototypes to a scalable production-level implementation.
In that context, we’re looking for a Data Engineer.
The archetypal mission for this position would be to
· Design, implement and optimize data pipelines : ingestion of source data or training/predictions of ML jobs in batch and real-time, into streamlined workflows that can run at scale, in a distributed storage/computing environment.
· In a further vision, provide continuous improvements in the architecture of our ML platform, from data models to libraries, tech stacks and processes as well as best practices.
The key traits needed for this role would be:
· Knowledge of data pipelines tools/languages such as Spark, Python, Kafka, Airflow, etc
· Knowledge of data storages and associated technologies (eg Hive, Druid, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, etc)
· Strong autonomy and will to create tools from the ground up
· Strong communication skills (English mandatory)
· Strong interest (ideally experience) in the machine learning space
· Ideally: solid programming skills, to be able to streamline data science cod
Position available immediately.
The position is based in Montreuil Sous Bois (Métro Porte de Montreuil - line 9, or St Mandé - line 1).