- Montreal, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
The Cloud Administrator is responsible for the health and operations of our virtualization & Cloud platforms, with a main focus on operational activities, proactive capacity management and event monitoring.
He will also contribute to the execution of various projects and will act as a second level support for the platforms (including 7/24 pager support).
The main and routine tasks of this position are to:
- Care for the Ubisoft Private Cloud platforms with an emphasis on security, using documented, automated installation and support procedures;
- Conduct virtual infrastructure capacity forecast and health assessments;
- Improve resource allocation on the virtual platform by proposing various usage optimizations;
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Perform system & application patching and upgrade of equipment firmware;
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures related to the Cloud platforms;
- Participate in the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
- Answer user’s query and service requests;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- A baccalaureate Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in management of a virtualization and/or 3+ years’ experience in Microsoft system administration/DevOps.
- Oral and Written Comprehension of English
- Skill in developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to make complex information accessible
- Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance.
- Candidate must present with honesty, integrity and maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Be a team player
- Have good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Expertise of virtualization, storage and networking technology
- Expertise in Windows Server / Active Directory
- In-depth knowledge of Linux system administration
- In-depth understanding of Public Cloud providers like Amazon AWS, Azure
- In-depth understanding of Configuration Management systems like Chef & Puppet & Ansible is an asset
- Knowledge about upcoming technologies like containers or distributed storage systems an asset
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.