- Cary, NC, USA
You are passionate about games and the craft of level design. You take initiative and find creative solutions to complex problems. You are experienced working within a multidisciplinary team and understand the importance of collaboration in order to achieve top-notch quality on your work. You have high standards in everything you do and are devoted to creating great gameplay experiences and memorable game worlds. You put the player first.
· Create immersive gameplay scenarios that support and enhance the core mechanics and creative vision of the game.
· Ensure a memorable game experience where form follows function through close collaboration with Art, Narrative, and other disciplines.
· Collaborate with Game Designers to make the most of all game mechanics.
· Integrate the content produced by other disciplines for your designs into the game engine (new gameplay elements, AI, sound, etc.).
· Conduct gameplay evaluations with the team, providing feedback and suggestions to help fine tune and improve the game.
· Locate and fix bugs in both your own and your colleagues' work.
· 2 years game development experience and significant contribution to a AAA title that shipped.
· Experience building and iterating upon levels for first- or third-person 3D games.
· Ability to quickly learn content pipeline and toolset and become a subject matter expert.
· Experience with 3D engines (Unity, Unreal, Source Engine, or others), design production tools, and level-editing pipelines.
· Experience with level scripting.
· Design pipeline/asset optimization skills.
· Experience conducting playtests autonomously.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.