Senior .NET Backend Developer
- Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
Ubisoft is one of the leaders in entertainment, with a rich portfolio of well-known brands worldwide. In Ukraine Ubisoft has two studios, Ubisoft Kyiv and Ubisoft Odesa, which focus on strengthening Ubisoft's presence on all platforms, with the main expertize in PC. Ubisoft Kyiv was established in 2008 and is one of the biggest GameDev studios in Ukraine that collaborated on blockbusters like Assassin's Creed®, Far Cry®, Steep®, Watch Dogs®, Trials®, Rainbow Six®, Ghost Recon ® and more. Ubisoft Odesa was opened in March 2018 and takes part in the development of Ubisoft’s world-known franchises.
Ubisoft Kyiv is looking for an online programmer to join its Harbour team!
Working on online services for our productions, the online programmer is in charge of the development and administration of online microservices written in C# using a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases for all Ubisoft games with local and cloud technologies. As an online programmer, you will participate in the design and implementation of RESTful APIs based on a microservice architecture, working with a DevOps mindset.
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Harbour helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
- Participate in the online microservices full-cycle development including design/analysis, coding, testing, integration, deployment, debugging, monitoring and supporting
- Estimate the effort required to accomplish tasks.
- Offer quality support to production teams.
- Evaluate risks and impacts of decisions and changes.
- Stay up to date on new technologies in the online services, game development, and general web fields.
- .NET Core 2+
- ELK stack
- CI/CD (Gitlab)
- Containerization (Docker)
- RESTful web services
- C# 7+ programming
- Database programming (SQL or NoSQL)
- Extensible distributed systems (scalability)
- Unit, integration, and load testing
Will be a plus
- Knowledge of AWS (EC2, cloud formation, database creation and usage, VPS)
- Knowledge of Entity Framework
- Knowledge of Splunk
- Knowledge of Grafana
- Knowledge of OpenAPI (Swagger)
- Knowledge of SQL Server
- Knowledge of NLog or Log4NET
- Knowledge of Newtonsoft.JSON
- Knowledge of Moq
- Knowledge of NUnit Or XUnit, MSTest
- Agile Development
- NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis)
- *Nix systems (Bash, scripting)
- Problem-solving and open-minded
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Sense of initiative, attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure
- Working well in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken
- Good oral and written communication in English
- Updating job knowledge proactively
- Analytical and synthesis skills
- Being comfortable with debugging unfamiliar code
- Passion for making and playing games
- International AAA game projects
- Access to cutting-edge hardware
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues
- Opportunity to travel abroad
- Medical / Life insurance
- English / French courses
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation
Hanging challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.