- Montreal, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
The infrastructure (Hosting) department of our Global Network Services team (GNS) is seeking a Network Administrator who can bring their expertise to life in our dynamic team of gaming & tech enthusiasts. If you are bold, driven and unafraid of pushing boundaries, we want you on our team.
As Network Administrator, you will be responsible for installing and maintaining IT solutions and services as well as proposing improvements and optimisations to the current infrastructure. As a senior administrator, you will also be responsible to solve complex issues brought to us by our partners (Games and services development teams).
Key responsibilities related to the mission include:
· Install and maintain various network equipment, including switches, routers, firewalls and load balancers;
· Develop advanced tools to automate deployment and management of Ubisoft network hardware and software;
· Participate to internal development best practices and lead;
· Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
· Monitor and troubleshoot network infrastructure and services;
· Enforce network security policies and procedures;
· Maintain documentation regarding network hardware and software;
· Answer user’s query and service requests;
· Carry out all other related tasks.
· A baccalaureate Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
· 3-5+ years of experience in IT, ideally within an environment consisting of 500+ servers.
· Experience in development of web-tools
· Expertise with Network configurations and protocols (LACP, TCP, UDP, BGP, OSPF, etc.)
· Expertise with dynamic languages (Python, Ruby, etc)
· Expertise with Source Configuration Management (Git, Gitlab)
· In-depth understanding with configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
· In-depth knowledge with Linux environments
· Knowledge with monitoring/graphing tools (Prometheus, Grafana, Zabbix, etc.)
· Knowledge with Cloud infrastructures (OpenStack, AWS, Google, Azure, etc.)
· Knowledge in Automation
· Ability to make complex information accessible and understandable.
· Ability to handle an environment constantly in flux with changing priorities.
· Honesty, integrity and confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
· Have great interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.