Prop / Hard-Surface Artist [Far Cry Brand] (f/m/d)
- Berlin, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", “Ubisoft Escape Games", "Beyond Good & Evil 2", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
The newly established Ubisoft Berlin studio is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams.
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are steadily growing. We are collaborating on the award-winning “Far Cry” series together with international Ubisoft teams, an unannounced project and we are paving the way for even more!
As a newly established Ubisoft studio, we have an ambitious but humble approach to the contribution we want to bring to AAA game development in Germany. We are committed to excellence; we want to dedicate ourselves to delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that will empower our players and make them feel part of the worlds, we create.
We encourage an autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset tailored to our highly motivated talents to create experiences that leave a mark in the games industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!
We are now accepting applications for a Prop / Hard-Surface Artist [Far Cry Brand] (f/m/d) to be based at our Berlin studio.
The Prop / Hard-Surface Artist will be responsible for creating high quality 3D assets.
- Model and texture high-quality assets (gadgets and weapons), high-poly and low-poly versions.
- Deliver high-quality art assets and ensure their efficient integration in the game.
- Suggest new ideas for artistic and graphic references for the project, and participate in the project’s
- Take ownership of the work developed and make sure it fits within the game standards and needs.
- Take additional responsibilities and initiatives such as mentoring, research, art direction and recruitment.
- Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams all around the world on a daily basis
- Mentor Junior and Intermediate Level Artists
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role (hard surface modelling) in the videogames industry or a strong portfolio showcasing relevant work for this position.
- Strong modelling and texturing skills required.
- Highly skilled at maps creation, the theory behind the process and how to solve common issues.
- Extensive knowledge of 2D and 3D packages (3D Studio MAX, Photoshop, Zbrush…) required.
- Experienced in the usage of PBR, its theory and material creation.
- Experience with some sort of real time engine or tool (UDK, CryEngine, Unity, Marmoset Toolbag…).
- Knowledge on new texturing and material creation tools such as Substance package required.
- Concept drawing or design is a plus.
- Willingness to improve both your and the team’s performance and workflows for the project’s
- Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to efficiently interact with team
members of all departments is a must.
- Optimization of assets to fit specific technical requirements
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Ability to take direction well.
- Share knowledge and open to learn from others.
We aim to have a wide and diverse range of profiles within our studio; thus, we are looking forward to being surprised by your application. The most important quality for us is to be a strong team player with a resilient and positive attitude.
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume. All portfolios should contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of natural and realistic environments and props
- Examples of materials and high quality textures
- Show both organic and hard surface works
- Examples of style variety
What we want to offer you:
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe developers do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for a developer to feel comfortable. With that in mind, we aim to provide a variety of everyday benefits which we hope will help you feel great including:
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care, company pension scheme
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal. Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.