Lead Character Artist (M/F)
- Bordeaux, France
- Temps complet
Description de l'entreprise
Created in September 2017, Ubisoft Bordeaux is the newest of the French Ubisoft studios, working on iconic brands such as Just Dance, Ghost Recon, Beyond Good & Evil and the Raving Rabbids.
About 15 Ubisoft experts from all over the globe, created the core of the studio. With their experience, energy and passion, we are able to grow into a world class development team. Announced as AAA studio, Ubisoft Bordeaux is growing rapidly and already counts more than 150 employees. As of today, the team counts at over 200 talents from more than 13 different nationalities.
With the ocean less than an hour away, the vineyards at the gates of Bordeaux, and located in one of the most beautiful regions of France, Ubisoft Bordeaux is the ideal place to reconcile a demanding and creative work environment on leading Ubisoft brands along with an exceptional lifestyle.
If you like working in a stimulating, international and friendly environment, come join us and become a pioneer of this new studio!
Description du poste
Ubisoft Bordeaux is looking for Lead Character Artist.
- Leading the development of high quality AAA characters
- Creation and maintenance of a prospering art culture and technical guidance within the Character Art Team, through training, mentoring, and reviewing assets for quality
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners
- Prioritizing and managing the Character Art Team’s tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and to specifications through stand-ups and synchronization meetings to communicate vision and needs with other teams
- Organizing work and backlog using project management/ planning tools i.e. Jira
- Working together with producers, leads, directors and external teams to push project quality
- Balancing quality and efficiency of character work to reach the best results within given time frames
We are looking for an artist that is well organized, and prioritizes the success of one’s team. This person must have the ability to anticipate and find solutions to problems that may occur within the team, and strive to have an effective character art workflow for production. As an artist, this person must have a passion for character art in the films and games industry.
- 8+ years game industry production experience
- Experience in a lead role
- Multiple shipped AAA titles, with at least one in a Lead role
- Exceptional understanding of human anatomy, and clothing and a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to modelling
- Superior eye for color and detail in creating texture maps especially through the normal map and PBR techniques
- Passionate about video games
- Mastery in low-poly modelling techniques
- Fluent English and ability to collaborate in an international team
- Expert user in Zbrush, 3ds Max, Marvelous Designer and Substance Painter, or similar.
- Knowledge of additional software such as Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer is a plus
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs