FX Artist - Rainbow Six Siege
- Barcelona, Spain
Ubisoft Barcelona, part of Ubisoft’s international network of production studios, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. The Studio is continuously looking to grow its team with highly professional, passionate and talented people.
During these years, the studio worked on the following franchises: “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®”, “Assassin’s Creed®” , “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” or “Star Trek™: Bridge Crew” on VR…
The team is currently working on the “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” Live Game, Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Assassin’s Creed® III Remastered.
We are currently seeking motivated and skilled FX Artists to be part of Ubisoft Barcelona’s AAA projects. If you have a passion for videogames and want to work in a friendly and international environment, come join our team!
The ideal candidate must be able to proof his/her skills and experience through a portfolio showcasing the final work as well as a breakdown of the workflow used.
- Create high quality in-game effects.
- Create and tweak real-time shaders.
- Master the editor’s tools and pipelines for FX creation and optimization.
- Work with designers, artists and programmers in order to achieve aesthetic excellence.
- Create and optimise particle effects including: natural phenomena such as rain or wind, explosions, destruction, smoke, and fire.
- Follow concept art, story boards, written descriptions, and scripts to prototype and implement FX in game.
- Work within the performance limitations and set budgets.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience with real-time/game engines such as Unreal or Unity.
- Provable experience as FX artist in previous AAA titles or similar.
- Experience with particle systems and geometry based visual effects.
- Strong image creation and edition skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken. Fluency with English is a must.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Problem-solving and open mind as well as autonomous and proactive attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms.
- Experience with Houdini in games development.
- Strong scripting skills (MaxScript, Python, VEX, MEL) a plus.
Candidates must provide some sort of portfolio