Event Manager (251)
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
The Event Manager will be responsible liaising with multiple stakeholders to ensure the successful design, delivery and promotion of internal and external events across both Leamington Spa and Reflections Studios.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and establish event objectives, attendee experience, and budgets;
- Deliver events on time, within budget, with trackable post-event reporting and tracking for ROI analysis;
- Produce detailed proposals for events (including timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets);
- Set, monitor and track budgets throughout the fiscal year providing quarterly reporting and review figures;
- Agree, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities with all Stakeholders on every project;
- Research venues, suppliers and contractors, then negotiate prices and hire ensuring you maintain and grow a portfolio of suppliers and venues across both Leamington and Reflections Studios;
- Manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics (for example, venue, catering, travel);
- Liaise with marketing teams to publicise and promote any event;
- Manage all pre-event planning and scheduling;
- Coordinate suppliers, handle client queries and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly and to budget;
- Make sure that insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are followed;
- Oversee the dismantling and removal of the event and clear the venue efficiently;
- Provide leadership, motivation, direction and support to the project team;
- Coordinate strategy to ensure optimal participation and involvement from both studios.
Skills and Knowledge
- Exceptional leadership skills with an ability to remain calm and focused under pressure;
- Ability to travel between both Studios;
- Organising, negotiating and diplomacy;
- Planning and Scheduling;
- Issue prioritisation and resolution;
- Pro-active approach;
- Able to work with all teams and lead multi-disciplinary teams in achieving joint objectives;
- Collect, review, analyse and humbly accept feedback from event participants;
- Good knowledge of project management software and Microsoft office Suite.
- 2-4 years event and/or project management experience;
- Experience of running pre and post event focus groups;
- Interest in video games/games industry.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK