- Helsinki, Finland
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games and we are a passionate team of over 140 people of 21 different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, one of the biggest independent video game publishers in the world with over 15,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation, create innovative technology and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for new practices and solutions useful to other studios worldwide.
We are now looking for an
Art Director for our new unannounced console project.
As our Art Director you will co-create and oversee the creative direction of our new console game. You will translate the vision to art assets, establish the art direction and create the visual style of the game. Your work will surely include diving to the unknown and exploring different exciting possibilities. We want to make unique and creative games and keep the ambition level high!
You will join a recently founded core team of senior game developers and the team will grow as the project grows. You will have the opportunity to be one of the team’s first members and strongly influence the road ahead. We offer you a key position in an ambitious project in a world's third-biggest game publisher. You will get to enjoy the network and resources of Ubisoft, but at the same time work in an agile studio with creative freedom.
- Define the high level creative vision of the game together with other project leads (for example the Creative Director)
- Create the visual style guide of a game, focusing on environments
- Lead the delivery of high quality art assets under technical and production constrains
- Drive people forward by inspiring and motivating them
- Act as the key creative spoke person for internal and external stakeholders
Our dream candidate has
- 10+ years of experience in various art positions in games
- Has shipped several console/PC games
- Deep understanding of technical art tools and best practices
- Expert art skills in 2D and 3D (since the team is small at first, you will be rolling up your own sleeves a lot!)
- Ability to embrace ambiguity, change and iteration
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Experience in people management and excellent leadership skills
- An awesome project with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space 10 minutes from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it :)
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation. We would also like to receive a portfolio of your best work (attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio). The application period closes on 31st of March but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!