Media Relations and Digital Communications Advisor
- Montreal, QC, Canada
As a Media Relations and Digital Communications Advisor, you will be one of the faces and influential voices of Ubi MTL. Thanks to you, the media and the public will always be up-to-date on our many studio initiatives and teams. Though you’ll work in a bilingual environment, the bulk of your communications will be in French.
On the relational side of your job, you act as a link between our studio and journalists. On the editorial side, you capture the attention of the public through your writing. No matter the project, you focus on creating connections and developing content to promote our corporate brand and share key messages at the right place at the right time with the right audience.
What you’ll do
- Create and develop innovative and authentic external communication strategies.
- Foster relationships with the media and be their primary contact person.
- Pitch ideas for news stories (announced or released games, technological or educational accomplishments, collaborative partnerships, community events, etc.).
- Coordinate media events, press conferences, and interviews.
- Prepare studio spokespeople for presentations, interviews, Q&As, etc., and assist them during events.
- Write content for our digital communication channels (social media, corporate website, etc.).
- Actively participate in weekly meetings with the communications team.
- Put together and review project post-mortem reports to continuously improve our efforts.
- Occasionally travel to other Ubisoft studios (e.g. Quebec City, Toronto, etc.) and game-related events (e.g. E3 in LA, etc.).
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in communications or other relevant experience
- Advanced French and intermediate English communication skills
- A solid grasp of external communication tools and the Quebec media *
- Excellent organization, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- A highly creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit
- A whole lot of diplomacy and tact
- Ability to manage priorities, take initiative, and meet tight deadlines
* Knowledge of the video game industry a huge plus
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A portfolio of your best French work (attach writing samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.