- Belgrade, Serbia
Ubisoft is one of the leaders in entertainment, with a rich portfolio of well-known brands worldwide. We are committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. Ubisoft Belgrade was established in 2016 and focuses on strengthening Ubisoft's presence, with the main expertise in PC. Here you will get a chance to work together with young, creative and talented individuals who are just as passionate about gaming as you are!
As a Game Designer, you will be part of the team responsible for the entire feature life cycle, from concept/prototype all the way through to release and frequent post-launch updates. You will also take part in the development of game systems, controls and interfaces in order to bring the vision of the Producer into a playable experience.
- Collaborate with the different leads and with the game team to develop strong gameplay mechanics, following the game's creative vision
- Prototype and iterate on core game mechanics to make the product's vision come true
- Participates to the creation of the gameplay and the game system
- Seeks an innovative idea inside of a framework (license or editorial line) in order to differentiate the gameplay from the one of the competitors
- Defines all the ingredients of the game (characters /enemies, interactive objects, menus) and the different types of interactions possible between these elements (game system)
- Implement game content using in house engine tools, and basic scripting
- Proactively find problems with the gameplay and come up with solution
- Extensive knowledge of game mechanics
- Iterate designs to create a great gameplay experience
- Ability to both conceptualize, analyze and implement game ideas using various tools and technology
- Knowledge of image editing (mocking up) tools is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of game edition's tools is a plus
- Excellent video game culture and knowledge of games
- High level of creativity
- Fluency in English
- Opportunity to work and learn from most technically gifted people in gaming industry using latest technology and solutions
- Modern and cozy offices in downtown Belgrade
- Possibility to travel abroad
- Great referral fees
- Private health insurance
- Flexible working hours
- A numerous fun activities you can participate in as well as very casual and friendly working environment
- Game room and your own Uplay account
Motivation letter required – show us what you got!
We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
Join us and become a key part in the gaming world!