Lead Programmer [Tom Clancy's The Division 2]
- Malmö, Sweden
You’ll collaborate with projects like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 to optimize, update and advance the tools available (e.g. Snowdrop) to our Game Developers. Your improvements to our editor and tech will directly influence the speed and quality with which we can make some of the finest games on the planet.
Unlike most software jobs, your ‘customers’ are the people you work with, so you’ll get instant feedback on the teams impact. To succeed in this role you’ll need to be a good communicator; understanding, prioritizing, coordinating and distributing the needs of our game projects between a team of Tools developers to achieve the desired results.
- Lead a team of C++ engineers, providing technical mentorship and guidance;
- Plan, organize, follow-up and evaluate the work of the team and its impact on the project;
- Collaborate with other department leads to establish tool related tasks and schedules;
- Spend part of your time performing programming tasks as this is a hands-on role;
- Collaborate with the Snowdrop support team and document changes to our tools;
- Assist in the recruitment process of new Tools programmers.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
You are looking for a new opportunity and are driven to lead and develop a team. You have a several years’ experience as an engineer in tools and technology. As a lead you have a passion for coding and are well organized. You like to be on top of things, and find the success of your team very important. It's essential you enjoy being part of and helping to create a fun and innovative environment so that we can make the best games possible.
- Proven work experience as a Lead/Mentor;
- 5+ years of professional experience working in C and/or C++;
- Ability to plan, organize, follow-up and evaluate the work of the team and its impact on the project;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Experience of tools or user facing programs development is a plus;
- Understanding of UX principles is also beneficial.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 615 people from 47 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy’s The Division.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.