Lighting Artist M/F
- Annecy, France
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Rayman, Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, Tom Clancy’s : The Division®, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Steep !
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborate, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!
Ubisoft is looking for its Annecy Production Studio a Lighting Artist (M / F) to join a team in charge of developing an AAA game.
The incumbent will be responsible for creating high-quality lighting as well as placing lighting effects and some post-process & FXs directly in a state-of-the-art game editor.
The lighting specialist will create atmospheres and direct the player’s attention based on the artistic direction, gameplay/design/game narration, technological limitations and production deadlines.
Thanks to your lighting, you will transform unlighted gaming environments into compelling and seductive environments!
Your main missions will be:
- Follow the artistic direction in order to become familiar with the challenges that will impact game lighting and be able to propose atmosphere and lighting ideas;
- Design lighting systems that will support the atmosphere and gameplay effects and highlight the work of other working units;
- Verify the quality of the lighting once the elements are imported into the game and make any necessary improvements;
- In addition to light sources, set out the selected moods and atmospheres;
- Communicate with other trades (Level Artists, Level Designer) in order to ensure that their needs are properly taken into account;
- Have the artistic director and technical director validate the quality of the lighting and make any changes that are requested;
- Be the main contact of other Ubisoft production sites for technical lighting issues to look into the root causes of lighting issues, to solve lighting problems and enhance the quality of the product;
- Fix the lighting bugs entered by testers;
- Optimize the lighting effects to produce the best possible lighting, in keeping with the technical limitations of the engine;
- Carry out all other related tasks;
Minimum 5 years’ experience in video games lighting or any other relevant fields;
The following additional experiences are a major asset:
- Experience in real-time lighting
- Creation of special effects, post processing-FX
- Experience in photography an asset;
Skills and Knowledge
* Extensive knowledge of lighting, color and image composition;
* Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change;
* Pay attention to detail;
* Originality and proactivity when setting out solutions;
* Knowledge of other video game production working units;
* Solid artistic knowledge of lighting techniques, realtime and pre-rendering
Position available as soon as possible. Thanks to submit your CV, a cover letter as well as all personal / professional wok or Web site that may interest us for this position.
Desired references for your book: real-time realistic style objects.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy !
Please submit a CV and all personal/professional work or portfolio website.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.