Game UI/UX Designer
- Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
Ubisoft is one of the leaders in entertainment, with a rich portfolio of well-known brands worldwide. In Ukraine Ubisoft has two studios, Ubisoft Kiev and Ubisoft Odesa, which focus on strengthening Ubisoft's presence on all platforms, with the main expertize in PC. Ubisoft Kiev was established in 2008 and is one of the biggest GameDev studios in Ukraine that collaborated on blockbusters like Assassin's Creed®, Far Cry®, Steep®, Watch Dogs®, Trials®, Rainbow Six®, Ghost Recon ® and more. Ubisoft Odesa was opened in March 2018 and takes part in the development of Ubisoft’s world-known franchises.
The Game UI/UX designer will develop and implement new user interface experiences by creating graphic elements and animated graphics prototypes in order to bring the vision of the Creative Director into the desired player experience.
- Design user interface and HUD display systems that are visually appealing, intuitive and effective;
- Design and create high-quality artistic game elements by relying on his/her expertise in standard software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.;
- Create models and other simple prototypes to consolidate the direction and design plans;
- Understand the game design documents to understand the intended user experience;
- Apply and maintain a consistent artistic standard for the entire interface of a project and respect brand guidelines;
- Interact and collaborate with team members from different work units (design, art, programming, etc.);
- Create functional prototypes for rapid iterations on key elements;
- Implement an optimal interface layout plan;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Previous work experience as a User Interface Artist;
- Previous experience in a graphic design role (portfolio needed);
- Proficiency in Adobe Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design tools;
- Good Artistic skills (proportion, composition, color);
- Solid grasp of ergonomic principles applied to video games;
- Knowledge of current trends in graphic and user interface design;
- Ability to create functional prototypes and to innovate and design exceptional user experiences;
- Understanding of lean UX concepts and the ability to work within a continuous flow environment;
- Ability to work in a Flash environment;
- Willingness to learn how to use new tools;
- Autonomy and proactive work ethic;
- Organization skills to define and estimate tasks;
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- International AAA game projects
- Access to cutting-edge hardware
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues
- Opportunity to travel abroad
- Medical / Life insurance
- English / French courses
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation
If you want to see your name in credits of Ubisoft’s games. Excited by the idea of communicating with IT professionals from all over the world. Passionate about technology and video games.
Ubisoft Kiev has an opportunity for you!
Join Ubisoft Kiev Studio and become “Serious about fun” together with us!