Senior FX Artist (H/F)
- 93100 Montreuil, France
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their goal to enrich the life of the players with memorable and original entertainment experiences. They give life to some beautiful worlds where the imagination can express itself completely, resulting in moments of surprise, fun and adventure that allow the player to learn and discover himself.
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to work and grow with passionate teams that are pioneers in their field, all around the world. You will evolve in a caring and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of the mind and technology to create worlds that will fascinate our players.
In the context of its development, Ubisoft is looking for new talents to join its production Studio in Paris, where titles such as: «Ghost Recon: Wildlands», «Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle», « JustDance 2019 » or «Watch_Dogs 2» have recently been developed.
Are you ready to take on new challenges?
Do you want to give beautiful experiences to the players? Come join us!
Your Daily Adventure
In the studio Ubisoft Paris, you will join a production team of an AAA game. As a Senior FX Artist (H/F) you are responsible for the whole game FX team and for the support of the others FX artists on the project.
As such, your responsibilities are as follows:
- Be the referent for the artistic direction and FX best practices,
- Design and optimize real-time FX Gameplay, FX feedbacks or FX related to the environment based on concept art and references videos,
- Produce shaders associated to your FX or define technical needs with graphics programmers,
- Be the privileged interlocutor for all the production teams (graphics, sound, techniques, Game Design),
- Mentor FX artists within your team,
- Be proactive and suggest new tools or methodology for the FX pipeline.
- 6 years’ experience minimum in FX production and ideally 2 AAA productions to your credit,
- Strong experience in fluids and particles simulations, including good mastering of 3D modeling softwares (3DS Max, Fume FX etc.) and Photoshop,
- Good knowledge of Adobe Flash Professional/Adobe Animated CC would be a big asset for creating VFX 2D animations,
- Good understanding of technical constraints related to 3D real-time FX (mastering Shaders would be an asset),
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to define an artistic direction and federate around it,
- Your good command of French allows you to work with French speaking colleagues and within a multicultural team,
- Skills on After Effects would be a plus.
Position located in Montreuil.
In order to consider your application properly, please send us a portfolio which illustrates your capacity to produce VFX (Real time or not).
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.