Technical Director, Animation (H/F)
- 93100 Montreuil, France
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their goal to enrich the life of the players with memorable and original entertainment experiences. They give life to some beautiful worlds where the imagination can express itself completely, resulting in moments of surprise, fun and adventure that allow the player to learn and discover himself.
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to work and grow with passionate teams that are pioneers in their field, all around the world. You will evolve in a caring and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of the mind and technology to create worlds that will fascinate our players.
In the context of its development, Ubisoft is looking for new talents to join its production Studio in Paris, where titles such as: «Ghost Recon: Wildlands», «Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle», « JustDance 2019 » or «Watch_Dogs 2» have recently been developed.
Are you ready to take on new challenges?
Do you want to give beautiful experiences to the players? Come join us!
As a Technical Director in Animation, your responsibility will be to ensure animators efficiency and reliable deliverables from the animation department. You will also be in charge of scripting/coding pipeline improvements and updates. In this role you will work with the animation and projects supervisors. You will spend your days :
- Identifying the pipeline and workflow needs to meet projects demands of quality and deadline
- Developing and coding dynamic users interfaces within motion builder
- Ensuring project wide consistency as directed by the project supervisors
- Working with the tools group to develop and maintain an existing animation pipeline
- Leading direct development support for Animators, character artists, troubleshooting, and general problem-solving
- Testing and validating tools and techniques in production
- Updating documentation for the pipeline and tools to reflect any changes that are made
- 2 years as technical director animation / integration of game animation system is a must;
- Leadership experience an asset;
- Experience on a minimum of 2-3 console games productions
- Advanced knowledge in Motion Builder
- Have experience for developing tools for motion builder and other platforms
- Be proficient in Advanced Python Scripting (Being able to add tools using motion builder API)
- Self-Organization skill
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Animation skills is an asset
- Any experiences in C++/C# is nice to have
Ubisoft Paris is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.