Senior Game Designer
- Helsinki, Finland
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games and we are a passionate team of over 140 people of 21 different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, one of the biggest independent video game publishers in the world with over 13,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation, create innovative technology and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for new practices and solutions useful to other studios worldwide.
We are looking for a self-driven and talented
Senior Game Designer to join our Trials® Rising live game team
We are soon publishing Trials® Rising which is the most ambitious title in the series to date! Would you like to join us and support the evolution of this live game from a designer point of view? You will play a key role in the success of the game by designing features that ensure players have fun with epic rides and there’s always a reason for them to come back for more. We are looking for a designer who solves problems creatively and keeps a player focus at all times. If you also have a data-driven mindset when creating new features, we might be a perfect match!
You will have the opportunity to be part of a friendly and dynamic live team in a collaborative environment where everyone contributes to common goals. You will work closely together with a design team, analysts, developers and producers. Your main focus will be on Trials® Rising during post-launch, but depending on your background and interests, you can also take part in creating a concept for a brand new game.
- Designing features for a live game in post-launch stage
- Driving the evolution of the game based on its performance
- Utilizing data for making game design decisions
- Helping to deliver the vision of the game
Our Dream candidate has
- Several years of experience of working in game design or a related field
- Proven experience in systems design (for example economy, progression and balancing)
- Experience of working with data (what works, what doesn’t, finding what’s relevant and reacting to feedback)
- Experience in live game development and different monetization options
- Proactive attitude and strong self-organization skills
- Smooth communication and team work skills inside and outside our home studio
We also appreciate
- Ability to always maintain an objective view of the game, making sure the feature-set and designs cater to the target audience
- Passion for games and interest in the games industry
- An awesome project with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space 10 minutes from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it :)
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
Have a sneak peek of Trials® Rising:
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV together with your salary expectation. The application period closes on 18th of February but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!