- Helsinki, Finland
Are you passionate about games? Are you longing to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? RedLynx offers you this and much more!
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the hugely popular Trials series, we have developed and published more than 100 games. We are a passionate team of over 140 people of 21 different nationalities. Founded in 2000, we are one of the oldest and biggest game studios in Finland.
Since 2011 RedLynx has been part of Ubisoft, the 3rd biggest independent publisher in the world with over 13,000 team members, who work hand-in-hand to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences. At RedLynx we cherish the spirit of innovation and experimentation, and we are proud to have the support and trust from Ubisoft to push for new practices and solutions that may be used by other studios worldwide.
We are now looking for a
As an Audio Director, your objective is to take our games to the next level by creating dashing, high-quality audio solutions for our games. Your job is to work with the Creative, Design, Art and Engineering Directors to provide a strong vision and direction for the game’s audio. You will be leading the audio team and make sure that the audio resources are optimized in order to serve the projects efficiently.
We are looking for an audio professional with experience in shipping games and managing people. You're a master of sound, music, and voices, using audio to enrich how players enjoy the game. You have the ability to communicate effectively while taking into consideration feedback from many fronts that serve many different needs. You enjoy solving complex problems in rapidly changing situations, still keeping quality as your priority number one.
- Define the direction for all audio aspects of RedLynx games alongside Creative Directors
- Find creative, innovative and efficient audio solutions to take our games to the next level
- Lead and develop the audio team
- Optimize audio resources in order to serve the projects efficiently
- Work with producers to ensure that schedule is achievable and take appropriate steps to address problems as they arise
- Establish quality requirements for the audio experience and guarantee the quality of audio assets
- Select and collaborate with outsourcing partners such as voice-over studios, taking part in VO sessions
- Oversee the final mixes for our games
Our dream candidate has
- 10+ years of experience in audio for video games
- Shipped at least one game as an Audio Lead or Director
- Experience in audio production for video games, including knowledge of game production pipelines and the audio part of it
- Extensive knowledge of industry-standard audio tools
- Expertise of Wwise
- Demonstrated talents as a musician or composer is a bonus
- Experience leading voiceover, location, or Foley recording sessions is a bonus
- Experience in vehicle audio is a bonus
- Experience in system-driven audio design is a bonus
- Experience in people management
- Drive and persistence and is able to communicate the vision to the team
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent collaboration skills and flexibility to adapt to changing situations
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space 10 minutes from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it :)
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods, that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation. The application period closes on 10.2.2019 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!